Monday 1 February 2016

Keeping on

So I got around half way through the 8 week fitness blender plan, I was finding it hard often having to take days off to let myself recover but overall it was excellent. I then injured my back and for over a month didn't do very much. However I did keep losing weight because the addition of a new local supermarket  made it much easier for me to choose healthy options. I also tended to buy food for several evening meals at once to avoid going near the shops when I was hungry in the evening.

After a while my back was not getting better, I was going for walks at lunch time but even these could be uncomfortable and I listened to audio books to pass the time. One audio book on mindfulness talked about chronic back pain and how it can be caused and prolonged by fear of movement and muscle tension (tensing the muscles to hold a certain posture). I immediately relaxed and tried to get moving, it was obvious this was going to help and soon I was back to my fitnessblender. Only now I found after a month away I was really struggling. So I rebooted and this time was more careful about choosing my start date, I made the sessions run Sunday to Thursday with the optional stretch day on Friday and the day off on Saturday. Of all the days I might do something in the evening, Friday and saturday are the most likely so it was more convenient and it gave me something to look forward to, some nice relaxing days off.

I made it through the whole 8 weeks without missing a session, actually I missed one but did it on the Friday instead. My last session was on newyears eve, like the first session it was a fitness test and although my performance is still poor I improved a lot. I am now halfway through my second run through.

No comments:

Post a Comment